Question

One step missing in the Zapier Playbook send data from Copper into a Google slides

• 7 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I am following the Copper Playbook for Zapier and Google Docs. I followed step by step, except the one that is missing in Zapier. It does not come up so I am unable to continue according to the instructions. 

Could you please shed any light on this? Is the documentation obsolete? 

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It probably means you haven't created the variable fields within Google Docs then. Variables won't show up in Zapier until the selected document has the variables added to it in Google Docs.

The example seems to have a few variables created.

Not sure though, not familiar with that guide, just an automation person chiming in 🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Miriam, it’s hard to say based on your post what might be the issue. But as @alex suggested, is it possible that you don’t already have variables/merge fields created in your Google Slide doc?

You know what, I might be able to connect you with the person who created the playbook. These sorts of things are easier to work through in a meeting/screen share than through the forum, and I want to make sure you get the best guidance and answers. Look out for an email from the Copper Success Team - that’ll be me.

Hey @Miriam

How’s it going? I know this question is form a few months ago, but I wanted to respond because we have a solution that might be helpful.

We have released a Copper to Google Slides integration that can take data from Copper opportunities and create proposals/contracts/invoices from Google Docs and Slides templates. It might be a bit simpler to create what you’re looking for than using Zapier. You can learn more about it here:

If that looks helpful, we have some docs to help you get started: https://docs.portant.co/portant-docs/sources/copper but if you need any additional help, please feel to book a call here: https://calendly.com/james-portant/30-min-meeting

Cheers,
James - CEO @ Portant