Solved

Mailchimp Integration - tags and use cases

• 22 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Community! I received these two questions about our new Mailchimp integration. I want to make sure the answers are accessible to everybody so I’m posting them here.

#1:

How can I add a tag as a rule in Copper/MailChimp integration. Ex. I want anyone with the category or tag franchiselead to get tagged in MailChimp with that that same name. So I would like them to be synced to the MASTER MAILCHIMP LIST (if not in there already) and add a tag to their account. Let me know if that's possible.

#2:

Can you also let me know most common way people use this integration

Answers coming up in my next comment :)

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 22 August 2022, 17:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

#1:

How can I add a tag as a rule in Copper/MailChimp integration. Ex. I want anyone with the category or tag franchiselead to get tagged in MailChimp with that that same name. So I would like them to be synced to the MASTER MAILCHIMP LIST (if not in there already) and add a tag to their account. Let me know if that's possible.

Yes, you can sync tags from Copper to Mailchimp using our integration. First, you will have to set up and connect a two-way sync. Then you can enable tags to flow over.

The video below details exactly what to do step-by-step to set up the integration and enable tag syncing. The part about tags starts at the 7:00 mark, but I recommend reviewing the full contents.

#2:

Can you also let me know most common way people use this integration

From a high level, the integration automatically syncs contacts between Copper and Mailchimp. So if you are using Copper to store your customer information and Mailchimp to send mass emails, then then integration prevents you from having the manually move data form one place to another.

At the core of it, the question is: how do you use Copper and Mailchimp together?

Here are some common emails that folks send through Mailchimp:

• Sending newsletters: periodic emails that provide updates on your business or industry, with the purpose of remaining engaged with your customer base
  • Sending promotions: emails with special offers

Linking back to tags - tags are a great way to differentiate between who should be receiving which emails from Mailchimp. So say you add someone to Copper that you think should receive newsletters in the future. You can add a tag in Copper that says franchise_newsletter. This tag will automatically be added to the contact in Mailchimp. When you send that newsletter, you can set up a criteria that says: only send this email to contacts who have the franchise_newsletter tag.

In Copper, users can also see which emails been sent to a contact through Mailchimp.

Here are some examples of how contacts end up in Copper/Mailchimp/both:

• An online form (like a Mailchimp form) that adds them to a Mailchimp audience. With the integration, that new Mailchimp Contact automatically becomes a Copper contact as well.
  • An online form that adds them to Copper (via our App Connector options, through Zapier, or through an API connection). The integration can then add those contacts into Mailchimp, including tags that they had in Copper.
  • Manually added to Copper e.g. if you’re using Copper to track your prospecting efforts. This way, the contact is automatically added to Mailchimp when they are added to Copper by your rep.

Let me know if that helps!

Hi,

You state: 

• An online form (like a Mailchimp form) that adds them to a Mailchimp audience. With the integration, that new Mailchimp Contact automatically becomes a Copper contact as well.
  1. Will the tags given in Mailchimp sync to the Coppers contact as well?

We get new subscribers online through a mailchimp form and we want them added to our leads in Copper but as I’m reading and listening to your explanation I hear that only tags added to Contacts in Copper will sync to Mailchimp and I need it to be the other way around.

If it's only C to M please provide me with an alternative how I can achieve this.

Thanks for your time.

TRCG consulting