Solved

"Extension Context Validated" and "Ajax Authorization Failed" Errors in Gmail

Hi, for the last couple of months I’ve been getting the error “Extension Context Validated” in the bottom right hand corner of Gmail and suspected it was do to an extension. Googling it didn’t find me a solution. This week I decided to delete and re-install the Copper plug in but now I’m getting an error saying “Ajax Authorization Failed”. When I googled that phrase, I came to a reddit thread with at least two other copper users seeing the same issue. Can you figure out what is up with this bug? I’m running Copper and Gmail on Chrome on Mac OS, in case that is of importance. Thanks!

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/GMail/comments/vdh8bg/ajax_authorization_failed_tab_persisting_in_gmail/

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 18 July 2022, 15:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @hayley.croteau, thanks for posting! This sounds like a technical issue so I’m going to put you in touch with our technical team. You’ll receive an email from the system, followed by a reply from one of our folks.

Same problem.  Started to happen right after installing the Chrome extension.  Seems to be happening less frequently lately, --Frank

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @FrankG, sorry to hear that! Can I get you to contact our chat support about it? They can try to figure out if it’s a bug on our side or if you have a browser setting that’s conflicting with our Chrome extension.

Thanks Frank!

Hello - 

I am now having the same issue, but I can’t figure out how to get in touch with the right people to help resolve.  It is significantly slowing down my email functionality to the point where it’s not worth it for me to keep Copper open during the day.

Can someone please direct me to where I can go for a resolution?