Question

Does linking a Dropbox file use additional data/memory?

• 28 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I want to add google form that we download to Dropbox to Copper lead profiles. Will linking the file to Copper use additional data/memory on my computer? Also, is there a way to link the google form response directly to the lead profile instead of uploading from Dropbox.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lori Murphy, any files you link using the Dropbox/Copper integration lives in the Dropbox/Copper database, so it doesn’t affect the memory on your computer. If you download that file onto your computer, it will take up memory on your computer.

For your second question

is there a way to link the google form response directly to the lead profile instead of uploading from Dropbox.

There’s a couple ways to do this.

1. Every Google Form submission has a unique link that shows you exactly what they entered. So you either:
    1. Create a custom field/box to store the link to their form response, or
    2. Put that link in a note on that contact
  2. Each Google Form has a corresponding Google Sheets file that stores all the responses - you can link that Google Sheets file directly to a Copper contact instead of going through Dropbox first. (This also does not affect your computer memory)
  3. You can use a tool like Zapier to push the information from the Google Form into a Copper contact. This setup is a bit trickier, but also means you can access the info directly in Copper without having to download/open a separate file or link.

Based on what you’ve said I think option 1-1 might work best. Let me know if you’d like some guidance setting that up. Also, can I ask what kind of information you’re collecting with the Google Form?

Thanks Lori!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Lori Murphy, inserting new People or Leads into Copper is one of the easiest use cases to use Zapier. If you have no further validation, it is just 2 steps: 

Trigger: Each time a new row in added to the Google Sheet (each form submission)

Action: Create Lead in Copper (or more actions if you also want to create a Company, Person or Opportunity)

The functionality in the ZAP workflow can be extended by validations like checking if a person is already known in Copper. Three60 offers these kind of workflows as a service so you don’t have to worry about technology at all. 

Thank you for the clarifications. The Google form we use is actually a questionnaire to help us qualify our new leads better.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great, thanks @Lori Murphy! In that case you should be able to add the URL for that specific response to a new lead’s profile. Or you can connect Copper to your Google Form using Zapier to feed the information automatically.

Let me know if you have any further questions or would like any further guidance on those options :slight_smile: