Solved

Copper Thinks My Alias Is Another Person

• 30 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I’m using my email alias as my primary email. I’ve set Gmail to send as my alias. However, my Copper account is set up under my primary email address. So when emails are synced, it sees my alias and thinks it’s a different person and not me and wants me to add my alias as a person/contact. 

How can I add my alias to my account so my alias also shows as “Copper User”?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 30 June 2022, 19:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @DanThor, thanks for posting! I’m going to put you in touch with our technical team - they’re in a better position to look at your exact setup. You’ll get an email from our system, followed by a reply from one of our product experts.

I wish I could help more but you’ll be in better hands with someone who can look at your setup in more depth. Absolutely feel free to post about anything else that comes up! 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

+1 on this, realizing it now as well on our end. Our team has basic email aliases set, but Copper treats them as totally separate users.

Bummer, would be nice to have more email alias support, or the ability to let Copper know what email addresses are an alias, so that it can at least group them to the respective Copper user.