Solved

Will app.prosperworks.com ever become app.copper.com?

• 17 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I understand that there’s some work behind-the-scenes to make this happen, but the fact that I’m still sharing *.prosperworks.com URLs with colleagues three years after the rebrand is… odd.

Domain names are part of branding, y’all. I’m a fan of the Copper rebrand, just waiting for that last step!

icon

Best answer by Wyndham from Copper 22 June 2021, 17:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes, we’ve been doing a lot of work behind the scenes to make this happen.  We’re very close at the moment to locking a date for the transition.  There’s one final piece of work that we need to tie up first.

It will likely be in the next 1-2 months though so you won’t have to share *.prosperworks.com URLs much longer!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Wooooooo! Congrats on getting the work behind the scenes done, sounds like there was a lot involved.

Will this also be coming to the API? If so, how will this affect the API endpoints? Hopefully it's a simple alias that's backward compatible, as we can update slowly to api.copper.com, though we probably have it in 1,000 places across all of our clients/past clients 😅

Woohoo!

Userlevel 3
Badge

The date is set - we’re going to be making the switch on June 26th 🚀.

To answer your question @alex the current API api.prosperworks.com will simply redirect to api.copper.com.  There are a lot of partners and customers who are in the same position.  Over time we suggest that everyone upgrades integrations that are built to the old API but we don’t have any hard deadlines on when we’ll deprecate api.prosperworks.com. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

The date is set - we’re going to be making the switch on June 26th 🚀.

To answer your question @alex the current API api.prosperworks.com will simply redirect to api.copper.com.  There are a lot of partners and customers who are in the same position.  Over time we suggest that everyone upgrades integrations that are built to the old API but we don’t have any hard deadlines on when we’ll deprecate api.prosperworks.com. 

This is fantastic news! Woohoo! Can't wait, thanks so much @Wyndham from Copper & team!

Userlevel 1

Congrats on flipping the switch, @Wyndham from Copper & team! I saw my Chrome Extension get updated with the new hostname, and I also confirmed that both the old (api.prosperworks.com) and new (api.copper.com) API endpoints are both working just fine.

Will we have to make any changes to any zaps that we have configured in Zapier in order to use the new API endpoint? I’m guessing that the old api hostname may be around for quite awhile since API clients might not play well with redirects.

I know that many customers won’t notice this change, and it was probably hard to justify the resources that went into making it happen, but I am happy to see it. 👏

Userlevel 3
Badge

Congrats on flipping the switch, @Wyndham from Copper & team! I saw my Chrome Extension get updated with the new hostname, and I also confirmed that both the old (api.prosperworks.com) and new (api.copper.com) API endpoints are both working just fine.

Will we have to make any changes to any zaps that we have configured in Zapier in order to use the new API endpoint? I’m guessing that the old api hostname may be around for quite awhile since API clients might not play well with redirects.

I know that many customers won’t notice this change, and it was probably hard to justify the resources that went into making it happen, but I am happy to see it. 👏

Thanks for the comment @bkelly.  I was just the bearer of the news, our amazing engineering team did all the work so credit goes to @Cory from Copper and the team who put in a lot of hours behind the scenes and over the weekend to make it happen.

The old API will remain in place for some time and we will notify customers and partners well in advance of when we do make a switch.

You don’t have to make any changes to the Zaps that are currently in place.  If you’ve used our connector then when we release our next version all Zaps should get updated automatically.