Question

What's the recommended approach for logging event attendances?

• 21 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Like many companies these days, we’re putting on virtual events and are trying to understand how best to log attendances in Copper to make it easiest to:

1. Log them (e.g. batch logging required), and
  2. Analyze them over time (e.g. see who might be dropping off)

I’ve tried a few options:

1. Multi-select Custom Field. The problem: non-admins cannot add new values, so they’re having to ask Admins everytime a new event needs added (this is often). Poor solution: make them admins + give them access to way more than necessary (including emails between CEO + board members).
  2. Setup events as Projects. The problem: can’t filter the People directory based on projects.

This seems like a critical feature of an app built around building relationships, but I’m struggling to see the best way to do this.

How does the Copper team log their own customers when someone attends a webinar, for example?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @parterburn

A great way to track events on the go is to utilize tags. Tags can be created by all users and can be added to any record type.

Once you have a tag in place, filter by them to quickly see the lead status for all customers within a tag giving you a better idea of how qualified the leads are from that event. 

Below is an example of Leads filtered by a tag. You can see the list of records associated with that tag and then you could drill down further by lead status, or owner to get a more granular view.

Since tags can be created on the fly by any user within your account, it’s a best practice to create a guide or set a naming convention. This will allow consistency across the board. 

Here is a great Help Center article on Adding and Editing Tags to help you get started.

Another option if you want to track by event type is to create a custom field, such as a “attended virtual event” checkbox. That way each account user can quickly identify those that attended a specific event type without having to request additional options to be added each time.

Please let me know if this was helpful or if you have any additional questions.