Question

Weekly email updates for management

• 2 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey all,

Looking for ideas if anyone’s created a system to pull highlights from sales meetings and notify management of those highlights. 

Basically my CEO’s looking to have better visibility into feedback from sales meetings. Like product/feature asks, reactions to pricing, reasons for not moving ahead, etc.

Anyone done anything to create a field for stuff like that, and get it collected and auto-emailed to management on a weekly basis?

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We moved to tl;dv to automatically record our sales meetings from Google Meet/Zoom. They have an integration with Slack which sends all of the meeting highlights to Slack (here’s what that looks like):

So you can have your CEO in the Slack channel, or you can just have it auto-forward the meetings from email.

Just note, the timestamps are generated manually right now (which in my opinion, makes it way better). The meeting recorders that try to autogenerate/summarize never timestamp any of the actual important bits of information.

The second that tl;dv opens up their API externally, we’re going to build a custom integration with Copper though, because having those notes flow automatically into Copper along with the recording would be amazingly helpful.

Anyone done anything to create a field for stuff like that, and get it collected and auto-emailed to management on a weekly basis?

I don’t see how having say a custom text area field would work (in say a lead/person/opportunity) to track this info and also auto-send it out. You’d really want these notes in the activity area, which no email automation can really touch.

Just wondering if maybe using a proper meeting tool like tl;dv would just be a better fit, versus trying to bend Copper to somehow do this.

We just take our notes in tl;dv, then copy/paste the summary of those notes into Copper as a sales meeting activity type. It’s the best of both worlds that way.

Hope that helps!

Alex