Solved

view email opens/views to admins/managers

• 12 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to display whether emails are open and/or read that are sent from all users within your organization, even those who did not send the email?

Even if this was a Y/N field or indicator to show whether the email was open or read, that would be helpful to see as a manager or admin especially.

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 12 January 2022, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @nina.lowe, thanks for the question! The answer is no, you’re not able to see/track opens on emails that were sent by other users.

To be honest, tracking email opens in general is a bit of tricky thing right now. Not just for Copper, but for the entire industry. That’s because Apple released a feature that disables tracking code in their Mail app - see the Protect Data from Third Parties section of this press release.

The implication is that the email tracking signals that Copper receives may not be accurate, depending on the recipients device and privacy setting. Basically, read your opens with a grain of salt :ok_hand:

Hope you didn’t mind my tangent there. Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

that’s helpful and I didn’t realize that feature was affecting the tracking - thank you for the info!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@nina.lowe glad I could help! Yeah, all platforms that do any sort of email tracking are affected. Not just for emails opens but also data for geolocation, device type, etc.

If you’d like to learn more, Mailchimp’s Apple Privacy FAQs does a good job of explaining the details.

Also, I’m going to mark my original reply as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily. Let me know if you have any other questions :blush: