Question

Using Copper to manage Birthdays

I’d like to pull up all the birthdays per month, to send personal cards. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KimMinert, thanks for posting! Are you already storing birthdays in Copper, or are you looking to get started with that?

I recommend creating a custom text field to store birthdays. To do this, open up a contact and click the “+ Add new field” button. Create a new Text Field for Birthdays - make sure you check the box for include in filters!

Then, you can fill in the birthdays for your contact. And then you can filter based on those Birthdays:

Let me know if that helps!

I would love this too. I put a lot of our birthdays in copper assuming I would be able to filter by month. Now I am back to using our old spreadsheet :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Nicole I sounds like you were trying to save those birthdays in a Date Field? If that’s the case then yes, Date Fields aren’t a good fit there because they include the year when you filter them. Have you tried the suggestion in my comment above, using a Text Field instead of a Date Field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KimMinert, just wanted to check if you’ve had a chance to review the solution I suggested? Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

Yes, I have and I understand. It is just a lot of tedious work to go in and put a custom text field for every birthday and transaction date.

Badge

While Michelle’s suggestion is a great work-around, it would be so much easier if Copper could create a new date field type without a year - it would just have the month & day, so it could be used for any repeating dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)

agreed! New date field that doesn’t have year!