Question

Tracking Snail Mail 'Activity'

• 29 March 2022
  • 1 reply

We are looking to starting a Snail Mail (you know - sending an actual piece of paper to people 😁) campaign to some of our contacts.

I can see how to download the contacts to create the Mail Merge and send the Snail Mail.  But I cannot see how to upload this ‘Activity’ back into Copper - so we can keep track of when we sent the last mailing.

Any thoughts or best practices?

Thanks in advance.

- Dave

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CentraDave, thanks for posting! I have to admit it’s been a while since I’ve sent actual physical mail 😅

So, you’ve exported a list to use for a mail merge. Now you’ve sent out those mailers, and we need to make sure there’s an activity logged for each of those contacts who were sent a mailer.

You’re right that there isn’t a built-in way to do this in Copper. We do have a Google Sheets tool that you can use to import activities - instructions here. I’ll can seem a bit daunting at first, but essentially it helps you use our Google Sheets Add-on to:

1. Identify which record the activity should be attached to (in your case it would the the Person who received the mail), and
  2. Log the Activity without having to manually enter each one

The other option is to individually flip through each contact and log the activities manually…

If you can think of your ideal way to do it, I invite you to submit an Idea for our product team to look at!

I hope that helps :)