Question

The Copper iPhone app, what's it good for?

Hi. I’m new to Copper following a long search for a CRM that fits our business.

Having settled in with the desktop app I moved on to the iPhone app and I’m struggling to find much utility in it -- how does everyone use it? - what am I missing?

For example, there is no Gmail mobile app add-on for Copper (unlike Pipedrive and others) so if a new potential customer emails me with an opportunity I’ve got to wait till I get back to the office before I can process it in Copper.

How do you folks handle this? It’s a bit of a show stopper and I’d really appreciate some guidance.

Considering Copper is supposed to be the premier Gmail-aligned I’m amazed and disappointed that it can’t talk to the Gmail iPhone app.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MudMan, thanks for posting! And great question.

How exactly you use the app will depend on your use case. But generally, these are the most common uses I hear of:

• Accessing the Task list, especially for tracking follow-ups
  • Quickly updating Opportunities or contacts
  • Viewing activity logs. For example, if you’re meeting with someone you can quickly check when the last touchpoint with them was.
  • Replying to comments / @mentions from your colleagues
  • Accessing associated files (soon to be associated automatically!)
  • Using Copper email templates and merge fields
  • Assisted call/SMS logging*

*On iOS, if you initiate a phone call or SMS from the Copper app, you’ll get a prompt to enter any notes and submit. Some folks also use audio transcription so they don’t have to type anything at all.

We have more information on the mobile features here.

You mentioned this:

if a new potential customer emails me with an opportunity I’ve got to wait till I get back to the office before I can process it in Copper.

You can add them through to mobile app. You would have to copy/paste their email in, but once they’re in it will automatically sync their emails. And you can add associated Tasks or Opportunities from the mobile app.

To your point, there’s no add-on for the Gmail mobile app. So you do have to open the Copper mobile app separately. I’ll pass your feedback along to the Product team.

Let me know if that’s helpful!

I 100% agree with @MudMan  and this is a deal breaker.

While working in the field, it does me no good to check my email and not be able to download a file from me email into an account, or even be able to associate that email. I can’t delete the email from my phone until I know it’s been linked which I can’t do until I’m back to my desktop. Totally unproductive- On trial to find new solution for entire team and Copper checks all the boxes EXCEPT for this one which is a total deal breaker in my book.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sstorms, thanks for chiming in here. I just want to clarify something about this point:

I can’t delete the email from my phone until I know it’s been linked which I can’t do until I’m back to my desktop

You don’t need to wait to get back to your desktop to link an email. In fact, if you have our Google Sync turned on, email syncing will happen automatically. The only thing you need to do is make sure that contact is added to Copper. Then all future emails (and the last year of emails) will be automatically added to the system.

You also mentioned this:

it does me no good to check my email and not be able to download a file from me email into an account

Our Google sync also automatically links any files sent between you and a contact. So if a customer emails you a file attachment, it will automatically be added to their contact record in Copper. You don’t need to download it and then upload it to Copper - all that will happen automatically with our auto-relate feature.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you

I will review this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@sstorms great, let me know if you have any questions!

My recommendation - try adding a contact that you’ve had previous emails with. Maybe a client from within the past year. This allow you to observe how our email sync works.