Solved

Task related or linked to specific email

• 18 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Engaged User
  • 12 replies

Is it possible to create a task and link an email or relate an email to that task?

For example a reminder to reply to an email or a reminder to follow up on a response from client and be able to link/relate that specific email to the task

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 18 July 2022, 16:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gili! Yes, our Chrome Extension has a feature called Email Reminders. This allows you to create follow-up tasks directly from an email.

When you’re logged into the Chrome extension and in Gmail, you’ll see a Copper icon on the top right of your emails. Clicking it will reveal a “Set Reminder” button.

This sets an Email Reminder Task to follow up.

The resulting Task includes a direct link to that email.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Michelle,

Thank you, this is great - my follow up question, is what if I wanted to assign the task to somebody else?

And is there a way to also do this from Copper itself or only from the Chrome extension?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gili

what if I wanted to assign the task to somebody else?

You can simply re-assign ownership of the Task - see the purple note below.

And is there a way to also do this from Copper itself or only from the Chrome extension?

Ah, this feature is only available through our Chrome extension. But I like the way you’re thinking and I think the Product team should hear about it. If you want to post it as an Idea, we can get it in front of them!

Oh - I’m also going to mark my original response as Best Answer so that others can find it easily.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Michelle, this is great, however, the person being assigned to the task cannot access the email link, it simply takes them to their inbox. We tested both with an email in which a person was and was not cc’d on the email and both ended with the same result. I’m hoping this is user error? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gili as yes, I see. That actually makes sense because that link is for the email in your specific Gmail inbox. So it wouldn’t work if someone else is trying to view it.

In order for it to work that way, that link would have to go to a specific email log in Copper (not Gmail). This goes back to the Idea you posted - the ability to set a Task directly from a specific email logged in Copper.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any immediate solution for this. I have shared it with the Product team for future consideration.

In the meantime, it might be best to forward that email to your teammate and have them create that follow-up task for themselves.

Hi @Michelle from Copper

Any update on this? 

We too would like to have Emails linked in Tasks. Not through reminders. 

Thanks, 

Chantel