Solved

Syncing with Microsoft Teams

At this point is there any way to have Copper automatically sync with Microsoft Teams?  We have several clients that do 90% of their communications through Teams chat and it is difficult for my team to manually capture those activities.

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 21 July 2022, 16:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JGroves, thanks for posting! Copper’s focus is on Google Workspace so we don’t offer a native integration with Microsoft Teams. And to be honest, it’s not likely to be a focus for us in the future.

You might be able to to set up your own integration through an automation tool like Zapier. Or it might be possible to get a developer to code an integration using Copper’s API and Microsoft Team’s API -  although I don’t know enough about the Teams API to say whether this is feasible.

It sounds like your focus is on putting Teams messages into Copper. Based on a quick look at Zapier’s Teams triggers, it might be possible to to set up no-code automations like:

• When a message is sent to a specific channel in Teams, log an Activity in Copper.
  • When a new chat message is sent in Teams, log an Activity in Copper.

Unfortunately I don’t have a demo account for Microsoft Teams so I can’t confirm the exact setup process of this. If you’re open to using Zapier, I’d recommend just giving it a go and if you need help I’m happy to connect you with a professional.

I hope that helps!

Thank you for this reply.  We will play with Teams and Zapier and see if that is a viable option.

On a side note of the same topic.  What about syncing a second Gmail account from a single team member.  Would that require a 2nd Copper license for the 1 person since the licenses are tied to the email account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JGroves great! Let me know how it goes.

Regarding your other question:

What about syncing a second Gmail account from a single team member.  Would that require a 2nd Copper license for the 1 person since the licenses are tied to the email account?

You are correct - each user license can only be associated with one email address. So you would need to add another license to sync that second email address.

Another option is to use the Copper Mailbox address. This is an email your colleague can BCC on the emails they want to sync.

Your colleague can go to Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates to find their BCC address.

Note, this only syncs emails that your colleague sends, not receives. It is not as robust as the native Gmail syncing you get with a license.

Also, they will need to make sure it’s BCC’d in any emails they want to sync. Unfortunately Gmail doesn’t have a native auto-BCC feature, but they can use Auto-BCC for Gmail by CloudHQ to get that feature in Chrome.

If that additional email is actually an alias (i.e. just a forwarding address and not its own Gmail inbox), you can get that alias to sync to Copper. But it sounds like your colleague’s second email is its own Gmail inbox, so I don’t think this is an option for you guys.

PS I’m going to mark my original response as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily.

Note, this only syncs emails that your colleague sends, not receives. It is not as robust as the native Gmail syncing you get with a license.

We have the same problem. 80% of my team is now 365 Microsoft based.
Can you develop a 3rd party partnership to solve this problem and give us the full access to all the automatic feature from both Google or 365 Microsoft based emails?
Please be avare of the existance of some sort of precursor of this idea, you only need to extend partnership to troubleshoot and to give back security so we can use it, unless you can bring back the Microsoft user in full access and features use.

https://zapier.com/apps/copper/integrations/office-365

I really hope you can help. It will be sad to lose all the data of the last years and migrate to a different system for sales and trackign if you can’t solve this issue. 

I wish you all a great evening and I look forward to a reply.
Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Aditi-ShantiHospitality, thanks for posting and for your feedback!

I totally understand where you are coming from with most of your team on Outlook. But, to be honest, building and supporting an equivalent integration on the Microsoft ecosystem would be not a small project by any means. And ultimately it would pull focus from our partnership with Google Workspace and Gmail. I will forward your feedback to our product team regardless. But I want to make sure your expectation is in line with the reality that we will not be building a native Office 365 integration any time soon.

In the meantime, you can look into setting up an integration via a tool like Zapier. Or, let me know if you’d like to talk to a professional service provider who can set up a custom integration for you, and I can refer you to someone.