Question

Syncing tasks in google with copper

• 2 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to sync tasks in google mail to tasks in copper ?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you for the question, @Bankaman

Are you referring to the ability to create Tasks in Copper, which would then link to your Google calendar?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Bankaman syncing tasks from Copper to Google Calendar is a native option in settings, though what you're requesting (the reverse) would require a custom integration with Google Tasks (Assuming you are referring to the tasks that show up on the right-side of Gmail, as those are Google Tasks).

You can explore more how that would function using their Zapier integration:

https://zapier.com/apps/google-tasks/integrations

The truth of the matter is that I created an integration that did this a while back, but it's likely to get out of sync from Copper back to Google Tasks (when marking things as complete either way).

In addition to that I found myself creating tasks for super basic things sometimes and it being pointless for them to sync over to Copper.

All-in-all, I'd be curious to better understand your internal processes and flow as even with some type of integration like you're speaking to, it didn't really accomplish, process and productivity-wise, what I was thinking it would. I now just create tasks within Copper from the Copper Chrome extension when inside Google.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Our native integration pulls tasks from Copper into Google Calendar, but we don’t have a native way to pull Google Tasks into Copper. As @alex mentioned, it is possible to set up a Zapier connection that does this.

If possible, I recommend considering whether it makes sense just to create the tasks in Copper using the Chrome Extension. Is there a particular feature that’s keeping you on Google Tasks?

If this is important and there’s no way around it, you can submit it as an Idea to let our product team know.