Question

Sent emails not syncing

• 10 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hiya - Emails sent from a 3rd party email client (superhuman) are not syncing to Copper.  I need to manually relate email to a lead from sent folder in gmail to fix.  What am I doing wrong?  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mattbeecher, thanks for posting! Our Gmail integration only works with Gmail accounts, so if you are sending emails from a third-party client (e.g. an email marketing platform or maybe Superhuman), then the emails will not be ingested automatically. That will only happen if they are sent from a Gmail email that is registered as a Copper user.

In cases like this where you have non-Gmail emails going out to contacts, you’ll need to integrate Copper with that third-party platform. To be honest, I am not fully sure what your integrations options are for Superhuman. We don’t have a native integration for it, and I’m not finding much information on a Superhuman API.

Does Superhuman allow you to add an auto-BCC? If so, it might be possible to use the Copper Mailbox address to ingest emails from your Superhuman account to your Copper contacts. You can find the Copper Mailbox address in Settings > Email Settings & Templates > Copper Mailbox. There, you will find an email address that you can add as an auto-BCC. It’s not a perfect solution since it will only ingest that you send (not receive), but it could be a good partial solution if you are not sending emails through Gmail.

Thanks for getting back to me!  I’m sending from a gmail address that is associated w account -- just using Superhuman as client.  Sent emails are displaying in Gmail and are associated with a lead/person, but only syncs with Copper when I click the contact in the Copper sidebar in Gmail.  This is a recent glitch -- have had no problems up to a few weeks ago.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mattbeecher ah ok, I understand now. In that case it sounds like something I’d like to get the technical team to take a look at. I’m going to open up a support ticket for you - you’ll get an email from our system shortly, followed by a response from one of our technical experts.