Question

Referral Partner Tracking

• 24 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I have many referral partners.  Some of them refer other referral partners.  All these referral partners refer potential customers to me.  I need to track which referral partners were referred to me from other referral partners, and also which customers were referred by which referral partner.  I can’t use affiliate links because these types of referrals are made through personal email introductions.  What’s the best way to go about tracking all this?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @DavidHir

I can see how things can start getting complicated with so many (sometimes nested) referrals and referral partners coming your way.

You can use something like tags in order to better sort in these cases, or you could also use custom connect fields in order to relate one record type to another. This can be person to person, or company to person, depending on how you have your referral partners listed (as a person or company). 

Please see this article on how to do that, and I will also provide you an example of how you could use connect fields to get the organization that you need.

I have Referral Partner A, Referral Partner B, and 3 other people with the surname Doe.

In this example, Referral Partner A has referred to you Referral Partner B, and Referral Partner B has referred to you John, Jane and Chris Doe.

Referral Partner A has referred to you Referral Partner B

You can see who Referral Partner B was referred by, and you can also see that they went on to refer 3 prospects to you.

These custom connect fields can be set up in any way that you like and between any record types that you would like to link.

Hope that helps, otherwise please let me know if you need more information from me, or have an additional question to ask regarding this.

Best,

Yes this is great.  When I am referred a client / referral partner, I would like an automated task to be created to send a thank you.  How do I do this? The task would need to refer to both referral partner A and B. 

Create task using Workflow Automations in settings.