Question

Reduce Number of User

• 29 March 2023
  • 6 replies

We have migrated to Salesforce and now want to reduce the number of Copper seats to just one. The reason for keeping one seat is to have access to any information that may not have been migrated properly. However, I am unable to find a way to do this within the app, and it has been challenging to locate an official Copper support channel (chat is no longer an option). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @rryyaann, thank you for posting and I’m sorry that you’re having trouble reaching our support team. I’ll get the billing team to process your request to downsize to one seat only.

Can you provide more detail as to why “chat is no longer an option”? Are you no longer seeing the chat icon when you log in?

Thank you Ryan!

Thank you, Michelle.

Regarding the support chat, the chat icon has not been showing for several months. We just assumed Copper removed that feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@rryyaann Hm, we haven’t removed it so perhaps something has changed in your browser. Would you like me to submit a ticket about it, or is that unnecessary since you’re migrating out?

I see that Clyde has gotten back to you about your seats. Please make sure to follow his instructions for deleting all your users first before he can help reduce your seats.

Note, once you delete those users, their data (including notes, emails, etc) will remain in the system. However, any contacts/opportunities/etc assigned to them will become “unassigned.” So if that information is important to you, I recommend you do a bulk export before you remove the users. Alternatively, you can use filters + bulk edit to add a tag to records that belonged to each user. This will allow you to preserve the ownership data without actually having those users in the system.

If you want to reduce the number of Copper seats to just one, you will need to contact Copper's customer support team for assistance. Although chat support may no longer be available, you can still reach out to their support team through email or phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@techloyce thanks for chiming in! Yes, you are right that you need to contact our team to reduce the number of seats. But I also want to clarify that our support team is available through chat only, not email and phone.

If you or anyone else are unable to see the chat icon, it’s likely due to an adblocker or tracker blocker such as ublock origin on your browser. In that case, you’ll need to whitelist copper.com in order to see the chat icon.

If that’s not possible, we are also happy to help through the Community. And if we need help from the technical team, we can connect you.

@techloyce thanks for chiming in! Yes, you are right that you need to contact our team to reduce the number of seats. But I also want to clarify that our support team is available through chat only, not email and phone.

If you or anyone else are unable to see the chat icon, it’s likely due to an adblocker or tracker blocker such as ublock origin on your browser. In that case, you’ll need to whitelist copper.com in order to see the chat icon.

If that’s not possible, we are also happy to help through the Community. And if we need help from the technical team, we can connect you.

👍🏻