Solved

Questions Regarding Email Syncing

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am reaching out regarding email visibility. My understanding, is that the only way to make ALL emails private as an admin is to go into settings - personal preference - email settings & templates - and click “no (always private by default).” Or, you can hover your mouse over the 3 dots and individually make an email private. 

Additional questions I have regarding email syncing are, what if we delete the email domain? Does that stop auto-sync? Or do we need to delete the carrier contact in order for it to auto sync? 

I appreciate your help & feedback! Thank you. 

Nick 

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 3 February 2023, 23:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @nmartinelli04, thanks for posting! Just want to confirm - are you trying to make previously synced emails private too? Or just the new ones coming in in the future?

As for how email domain might affect email syncing - it doesn’t. If you erase the email domain from a company’s profile, the individual emails for each contact will still exist in the system. And that’s what the sync works off of - the emails of each individual contact. So if you want to stop the sync for a specific contact, you’ll need to erase their email address from their profile.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you Michelle, so basically, as an admin, I can choose to make all emails private by default, but that would apply to all account users. If an individual user wanted to make all of their emails private, they do that under settings / email preferences? And I am talking all future emails. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@nmartinelli04 yes, that’s correct! Basically, as an admin, you have three options:

1. All users will have their emails visible by default
  2. All users will have their emails private by default
  3. I’ll give individual users the option to set their emails to private by default

You can access this option in Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates.

In this example, I’m saying everybody will have their emails visible by default - no choice for them!

If you decide option #3, and you want someone to set their emails to private, then that individual user can go to Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates and un-check this box:

Now, once they un-check that box, they can choose whether that change should apply to all previous emails, or just for emails moving forward:

Let me know if that helps!

This helps, thank you so much Michelle! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@nmartinelli04 fantastic, glad we could help with your question!