Question

Problem importing opportunities

• 2 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi

I used the template Copper provides for importing opportunites.  It worked to some degree, but “last contacted” “interactions” and “inactive days” “email” and other fields did not import and I had that info on my spreadsheet

So my question is: Why is some data importing but some not?

I attached a screenshot of what I am seeing and the actual spreadsheet I used

Curt

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @curtbrian, thanks for posting! I took a look at your files, and there’s a couple of things that stood out to me:

1. You seem to be importing a lot of information about People into these Opportunities. Normally we recommend to store that information on their People record, and then to simply associate those People to the Opportunity. Is there a reason you are importing People information directly into Opportunities?
  2. Did any of these Opportunities exist in Copper already? If so, the importing tool will skip those ones unless you select the “Manage Matching Records” option
  3. “last contacted” “interactions” and “inactive days” - normally, these are values that the system will calculate for you. But based on your sheet it looks like you’re created custom fields to store this information. Can you confirm if that’s the case?
  4. Looks like your also have a custom field for Email - can you confirm what type of field is it (e.g. text field, text area etc)?

By the way, we run a weekly Q&A session - feel free to join if you prefer to talk with someone live :)