Solved

Primary Contact on Account

• 21 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I saw the article on how to change the primary contact on a company record, which essentially involves removing all the contacts until the primary is listed first.  Is there any other way to accomplish this, such as a field somewhere on the Company record.  Because this email is used to leverage bulk email send functionality, it makes updating large numbers of accounts quite difficult and time consuming.  Are there other ways to target different fields/contacts in the bulk email functionality at the Company level?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 22 September 2022, 16:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jagatelife, thanks for posting! We don’t currently have a feature that allows you to specify the Primary Contact email when bulk emailing from Companies. It’s just like you said - you would need to adjust the Primary Contact on the Company by adding/removing the related contacts.

We do have an open Idea about a feature to easily swap our the Primary Contact on a Company. I recommend you give that thread an upvote so that we can inform you of any updates.

Aside from that, I unfortunately don’t have any solutions for you at this point except sending bulk emails directly from your People list instead of a Company list. It will take more work, but at least you will be able to specify which contacts that email should go to.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Michelle from Copper!  I got my upvote marked.

Have a good one!

Josh