Solved

Permissions for seeing client emails

• 7 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi All,

One of my employees are reporting that they don’t have access to see the emails between clients. I’ve never had this occur. The visibility for this client is set to everyone. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 7 February 2023, 23:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @arj244, thanks for posting! I’ll do a little bit of preliminary digging for you, and from there either make a recommendation or connect you with our technical support team. Just gimme a few minutes to look into some of your account settings, etc.

The screenshot is helpful - I’ve just greyed the personal information in it for you.

Thanks and hang tight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@arj244 I think this might be an issue of the email visibility settings of either your entire Copper system, or in the users who sent/received those emails.

Would you mind opening up Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates and looking at the box called Individual Email Visibility Control (Admin)?

Can you tell me which checkbox is selected? If you want full visibility of emails across all teammates, then you’ll want to select the third option for “No (always visible by default)”

You could also select the first option, but if you do that you’ll need to make sure that your users have opted to keep their emails visible by default at Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates.

You mentioned you’ve never had this occur. I see you’re an admin in Copper - admins can usually see private emails. It just depends on the setting the Account Owner has selected. So it’s possible that you’ve never noticed this visibility issue because it would only apply to to regular-level users.

Thanks Michelle. I don’t have an issue seeing it. Just my employee Shan Wofford. Under Individual Email Visibility, “Yes, users may specify their own default visibility.” was selected. I’ll update that on our end and let you know if that works. 

@arj244 I think this might be an issue of the email visibility settings of either your entire Copper system, or in the users who sent/received those emails.

Would you mind opening up Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates and looking at the box called Individual Email Visibility Control (Admin)?

Can you tell me which checkbox is selected? If you want full visibility of emails across all teammates, then you’ll want to select the third option for “No (always visible by default)”

You could also select the first option, but if you do that you’ll need to make sure that your users have opted to keep their emails visible by default at Settings > Personal Preferences > Email Settings & Templates.

You mentioned you’ve never had this occur. I see you’re an admin in Copper - admins can usually see private emails. It just depends on the setting the Account Owner has selected. So it’s possible that you’ve never noticed this visibility issue because it would only apply to to regular-level users.

After updating, I had the employee try again and she’s still not able to view those emails. Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @arj244, thanks for the updates. Just want to clarify that you now have this setting selected?

If it’s a yes, then future emails coming in will be visible. But sounds like we also need to take care of previous emails as well. I can help you with this over email, since it involves discussing specific user email addresses. Just let me know about that setting and I’ll shoot you an email about the specific users and making their previous emails visible. 👍

Yes, I have that setting selected now. Thank you.

@Michelle from Copper I haven’t received anything from you. Just wanted to push this back up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@arj244, my apologies! I’ll be in touch over email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@arj244 Since we’ve closed the loop over email, I’m going to consider this question resolved. I’m gonna mark my original response as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend! 👍