Solved

Opportunity value USD vs CA

• 29 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Engaged User
  • 30 replies

Some of our opportunities show correctly in US dollars while others show Canadian dollars. 

How do I ensure each opportunity displays the correct dollar type as we have customers in each country? 

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 29 November 2021, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jodi, the currency that’s displayed depends on the type that was selected when the value was entered. In your system, you can set your default currency (Settings > My Preferences > Personal Preferences) and it will automatically convert the values into your default currency.

Here’s an example where I have two values in Canadian dollars (C$xx.xx) and one in my default currency USD. Notice how the Canadian amounts are automatically converted to my default currency.

If you need to change the currency several opportunities at once, you can use a bulk edit.

Do you have the country information saved in a field on each opportunity? If so, you could filter your opportunities by country and then bulk-edit them to USD or CAD to ensure they’re all correct.

I hope that answers your question? Let me know if I understood correctly!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Michelle from Copper thank you, I think it does. Although it looks like we only have a Company Base Currency and it is set to USD. It helps me understand more for sure. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jodi great! Yes, there are actually two types of default currency - one for the whole company and one for each individual. The company-one wide is applied if the individual user has not set their default currency.

I’m going to mark my answer above as “Best Answer” so that others can find it. Let me know if you have any additional questions on this topic!