Solved

Linking People and Companies Once/During Import

• 10 March 2022
  • 3 replies

HI Community from Kenya,

I want to bulk upload 3000+ people that an opportunity sits within under 1 company. Is there a way to do this in one go rather than individually going into each person and updating the company?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 10 March 2022, 19:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@A_Stubbs_Kenya  hello from Canada! :wave:

Just want to make sure I understand your question. It sounds like you have a spreadsheet of 3000 contacts that you want to attach to one company. Is that correct?

Are those contacts already in Copper? Or will they be brand new to your Copper contact list?

Either way, you can import them so that they go under one company. In your spreadsheet, you’ll need to make sure you have a column for Company. Fill it out with the company’s name, and make sure the format and spelling exactly matches what the company is called in Copper.

Then save the file as CSV or XLSX file and upload it to Copper (Settings > Manage Your Data > Import Data > Import People > CSV or Excel).

If those contacts do not exist in Copper yet, your import settings should look similar to this:

If those contacts do already exist in Copper, you’ll want to select Manage Matching Records and Overwrite. Here’s a screenshot of the key settings:

Basically, these settings say: check if a contact already exists in Copper using their Email. If there’s a match, overwrite the existing information with the information I’m importing.

This will allow you to overwrite the Company for all those contacts at once.

This will be the end result - all those contacts under the same Company.

Let me know if that helps :)

Really helpful - thanks Michelle

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@A_Stubbs_Kenya glad I could help! Let me know if anything comes up while you work through that import.