Solved

Is there a limit on connect field connections?

• 9 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi -- is there a limit to the number of connections a person can have? Here is my intended use:

I work in real estate and want to track how many deals we do with a given escrow officer. We may work one deal with an escrow officer, and 30 with another escrow officer in one year. Is there a limit to the number of connections that a person record can have with an opportunity record?

For future use, are connect field counts captured in reporting tools?

Thanks!

Christina

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 9 August 2022, 21:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@cae787 great questions! There is a limit of 30 connections for each connect field on each record. So, it may not be the best choice if you have an escrow officer doing 30+ deals with you in a year.

As an alternative, you could set up a text field instead. For example, you can create a custom text field on your opportunities for “Escrow Officer” where you fill out their name. From there, you can use a text filter to check which opportunities a particular officer has helped with. The downside is that you won’t get the convenient hyperlink like in a connect field. But at least you won’t hit any connection limit.

To answer your other question - connect fields cannot be pulled into the reporting system. But text fields can!

Let me know if that helps. Thanks Christina!

Userlevel 2
Badge

This makes perfect sense. Text fields it is!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@cae787 glad I could help! I’m going to mark my first response as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily.

Let me know if any questions come up while you set up that text field.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Michelle from Copper 

I don’t see the “connect fields” option when I go into the custom fields section in Settings. Is it elsewhere or is it a feature for a higher plan or….?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JPierre, Connect Fields are available on Professional and Business tier. It looks like you are on Basic, so unfortunately it wouldn’t be available on your account.

Userlevel 1

Copy that. Thank you @Michelle from Copper