Solved

How can my sales and project management teams work together in Copper?

Userlevel 3

My sales team is already in Copper and I’m hoping to get my Pm team in there soon. What’s the best way to organize the way they work together?

icon

Best answer by Alyssa from Copper 4 May 2021, 19:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great question Ravi. 

We recommend Sales and PM teams work together using Copper Projects. This feature enables post-sales delivery without switching tools or losing information.

If your Sales team already works in a pipeline, they can create a new Project for every deal they win. From there, the PM team has access to the existing customer information, as well as a place to collaborate, organize tasks, and store files.

Two key features of Projects that really drive Sales + PM collaboration are templates and creating a project from an opportunity. 

Project templates enable the sales team to create projects directly from their sales pipeline.

Create a template by navigating to Projects, and choosing […] Actions > Create Template and enter a template name. Once created, the sales team can use this template to create a new project from a won opportunity.

Creating a project from an opportunity is just as easy. Let’s say a sales rep closed a deal. When they mark the opportunity as Won, this popup will appear:

Screen_Shot_2020-09-24_at_12.41.48_PM.png

To create a project from that opportunity, they can tick the checkbox and select a template from the dropdown. Now we have transitioned the sale into a project, for the PM team to start collaborating on! 

Copper will automatically pull data from the opportunity, including the company, owner, description, status, created date, tags, and people. It will also relate the opportunity to the project so that you’ll have a direct link between them. 

Less data entry, more collaboration! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

So we do it a bit differently by using another Pipeline for our deliverables (design services). We have a separate pipeline for sales and a workflow automation that moves an opp from Sales to Design Services as soon as it has been won.

We did look at using Project for this, but found that our process is not as task-oriented and things vary a lot from deliverable to deliverable. So using a pipeline is handy because we can keep track of progress without being tied to specific tasks.

Userlevel 3

That’s helpful, thank you!

Hi, we´re also a sales team with specific zones for each exec (Asia, NortAmericas, etc) and we´re trying to automatically link a lead to an owner depending of the zone (custom field we created) can we do that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @DanielVT - responded to you about this in the other thread here: