Solved

How can I move deals from one pipeline to another?

• 15 March 2022
  • 3 replies

My pipeline has too many stages.  I need to separate the marketing/biz dev from the sales activities.

How do I move deals from one pipeline to another?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 15 March 2022, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steffan, great question! It depends on whether you want to do it one-by-one, in bulk, or automatically.

Moving Opps manually one-by-one

You can move an individual Opportunity to another Pipeline by using the Pipeline dropdown for that Opp.

Moving Opps manually with bulk edit

Bulk edit allows you to move multiple Opps at once. First, you’ll have to make sure you’re viewing your Opps in List View.

Then you can do a bulk edit.

Moving Opps automatically with workflow automation

You can get Copper to automatically move Opps from the Marketing Pipeline to the Sales Pipeline using our Workflow Automation tool.

To do this, go to Settings > Automation > Workflow Automation > Add Workflow. You’ll need to be a Copper admin to see this area.

Your setup would look something like this:

This Trigger says: whenever an Opportunity is in the Business Development Pipeline AND in the Stage called “Ready for Sales Team,” do Action 1.
Action 1 says: move that Opportunity into the Sales Pipeline, under the Stage called “Qualified” and let’s also make sure the Status is Open for that Opportunity.

To learn more about workflow automation, check out this guide. We also run a weekly workflow automation Q&A if you’d like to talk to someone live.

Let me know if you have any questions about these options :slight_smile:

Thank you!  That is exactly what I needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Steffan Glad I could help! I’m going to mark my response as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily.

If anything else comes up, feel free to leave another comment on this thread (it notifies me directly) or post a new topic.

Thanks Steffan :slight_smile: