Question

Gmail integration

• 29 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Engaged User
  • 30 replies

My Team loves the gmail integration, but we noticed something and wanted to understand if it is maybe our way of using Copper or maybe a better understanding of the integration. 

We enter People records for members of the company we will be interacting with. In the nature of our business of healthcare software, hospitals can have name changes/mergers. 

Recently in gmail it told me the person wasn’t in Copper and asked to add them, when I went to add them, I noticed it was listing a different Company name than the actual company we were working with (Parent company name vs. facility name). If I had continued adding the person it would have actually created a duplicate person record for the name, but would have had 2 companies. 

Is there something we are doing wrong, or could do to make it easier? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jodi, thanks for your post! Can you confirm if that person emailed you from the same email address you have already for them in Copper? Or did they email you from a different one?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I can’t go back to double check since Copper is updated, but I believe it was the same email which was the look out on our part. I can watch for it again and capture the exact data differences when it tried to create the new person and company from Gmail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jodi - that would be great if you can look out for that behavior again and note whether they’re messaging from the same email address.

The expected behavior is that if that email address already exists in Copper, the Chrome extension will pull up the profile when you hover over it. If it’s prompting you to add an email that already exists then that’s likely a technical issue in which case it’s best to contact the technical support team.