Solved

Filtering people based on title

• 6 July 2021
  • 3 replies

• New Participant
  • 1 reply

Hey

I imported 10K to the people list, with different titles for their columns. 

I want to fitler that huge list based on the columns that i’ve added - but I can’t seem to find a way to add them to the filter list, it only sorts by it.

What can i do? 

icon

Best answer by alex 8 July 2021, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Maya,

To clarify, are you looking to filter your people list using the Title field?

You can only filter on the field types that have structure, such as drop downs, number fields, checkboxes, etc. The Title field is an unstructured Text Field, which means that you can enter any bit of text. Unfortunately, this also means that you can’t use it to filter.

As an alternative, you can use the global search bar to find people of a certain title. In the example below I’ve searched “CEO” to find all the people with that title.

I hope that helps!

PS I added more detail to the topic title for search-ability purposes.

So if I re-edit my excel and add checklist instead of regular filters on that title field, it’ll be able to do so? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Maya you'd have to re-import with the "title" field as the "drop-down" field type and then you'd be able to filter down based on title 👌

As Michelle had mentioned, Copper does not allow you to filter down by unstructured data (text field & text area are both unstructured data types unfortunately)