Question

Exporting People associated with tagged Companies

• 29 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello Forum,

Our company would like to export a list of all people associated with companies that are tagged with a specific automotive standard. The people themselves may not share this specific tag with the companies for which they work (nor do necessarily want them to). Is there a simple way to do this in one fell swoop without exporting people company by company?

Thank you,

Seth

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SethD, thanks for posting! And my apologies for the delayed reply.

To clarify, it sounds like this is your situation:

• You have various Companies tagged with X in Copper
  • You would like an export of all People who are associated with Companies who are tagged with X

If that’s the case, there’s not a way to do this directly in Copper right now. Actually, I think this would be a great Idea to get in front of the product team.

What you could do:

1. Export your a list of Companies with tag X (you can do this by applying that filter to you Company list, selecting all of them, and click the three dots near the top for Export)
  2. Export all your People
  3. Get both exports into the same Excel sheet or Google sheet as two tabs
  4. Use a vlookup function to identify the People that belong to any one of the Companies you exported

It takes a bit of spreadsheet work, but unfortunately I don’t have an easier answer for you.

Hope that helps a bit 🙏

Thank you @Michelle from Copper ! We’ve used a similar spreadsheet-based approach in the past.

I’ll suggest this as an idea to the product team.

Best,

Seth