Solved

Exporting lists to Google Sheets

• 29 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

It’d be helpful to be able to export lists/data into Google Sheets instead of just CSVs/Excel files.

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 29 March 2022, 17:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jessica.nicholson, thanks for posting!

We do have a way to export into a Google Sheet using our Google Sheets Add-on. I’ll add a video about it down below.

Now, it is a little different because you need to open a Google Sheet and then initiate an export. So it’s not like a regular export where you download a file.

But there are a few things I really like about the Google Sheets Add-On:

1. You can have multiple exports in one Google Sheets file. So I can have one tab for a People export, another for Companies, and so on.
  2. You can refresh the data rather than re-doing the export. This is really handy if you are building a report off the sheet.
  3. You can delete unnecessary columns from your export. So in any future refreshes you don’t have to deal with extra columns.

Anyways, let me know if that addresses your suggestion or if you were thinking of something else. Thanks Jessica!

Userlevel 1

Thanks, that’s all really helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jessica.nicholson great, glad I could help! I think Google made some changes to Google Sheets after I filmed that video so it may look a little different when you give it a try. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Would it be ok if I converted this from an Idea to a Question? That way others will be able to see my answer. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Totally!

Userlevel 1

@Michelle from Copper - Just confirming this is just a one-way sync only, right? There’s not an option currently to update information in sheets that feeds back to Copper records?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jessica.nicholson - that’s correct, it only goes Copper → Google Sheet and not the other way around.

It might be possible to make a script for your Google Sheet that does that. But it would require some programming.

If that’s an important feature to you I recommend you post it as an Idea so that our product team can catalogue it.

Thanks Jessica :)

Hi, does this add-on still work? I installed it but it is greyed out in the add-ons menu inside google sheets. I added the permissions it requested on install and i am signed in to my gsuite account.