Question

Email template first name field not changing

• 1 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I cannot seem to make my template auto-fill the first name in my Copper emails. Any advice?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @nutrigardens123! Can I ask which email method you’re using when you have this issue?

1. Sending from Gmail, or
  2. Sending from Copper, from a contact’s profile, or
  3. Sending a bulk email from Copper

Was it working previously or is this your first time trying to use it?

And also just want to clarify if you’ve added the merge field in your template? This is what it should look like in the template editor:

Userlevel 1

Thanks! I am trying to send bulk emails from Copper and this is my first time using the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@nutrigardens123 I realized we don’t already have a video for that so I made one for you!

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks! One other question: Is there a way to auto-send follow up emails through Copper?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@nutrigardens123 Not automatically, unless you are using our Marketing Tools Sequences (available on Business Tier); that would allow you to set up a series of emails that send if they haven’t responded in X number of days.

If you don’t have access to Marketing Tools / Business tier, you could potentially do a follow-up using bulk email. If you filter your list for those that have been inactive for X number of days, you would in effect be sending an email to those who haven’t replied.

One thing I forgot to mention - bulk emails and templates are available on our Professional and Business tiers. If you’re on the Basic tier, you won’t be able to use those features. Here’s the full list of features on each plan.

Let me know if that’s helpful!

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much! Another question: How can I email to just certain groups within my leads through Copper? I have all my contacts saved as groups in leads, but Copper doesn’t seem to let me pull up the groups and work with them?

Userlevel 1

And also, Copper keeps kicking me out of gmail and then when I try to log back in through gmail it tells me to activate my account and then gives me this code: 

Error retrieving token: 404: {"errors":[{"status":404,"title":"Resource not found","detail":"No such api endpoint"}],"granted_time":1644279514} (line 423, file "Service", project "OAuth2")

I’m not sure why it’s doing this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@nutrigardens123, looks like we have two questions there:

How can I email to just certain groups within my leads through Copper? I have all my contacts saved as groups in leads, but Copper doesn’t seem to let me pull up the groups and work with them?

First, you would apply a filter so that you’re only displaying the contacts in that group. Can I ask how you’re differentiating between different groups in Copper? It’s quite common to use lead status, tags, or a custom dropdown field for that.

The filter button is in the top right corner. (Note: this example shows Opportunities but it’s in the same location for Leads, People, etc)

Then you would do a select-all and send that bulk email.

(by the way, gif is a new thing I’m trying - let me know if they’re helpful / better than static images)

And also, Copper keeps kicking me out of gmail and then when I try to log back in through gmail it tells me to activate my account and then gives me this code: 

Error retrieving token: 404: {"errors":[{"status":404,"title":"Resource not found","detail":"No such api endpoint"}],"granted_time":1644279514} (line 423, file "Service", project "OAuth2")

That’s strange - are you using the Chrome extension or the Google Workspace Add-on?

Either way, it looks like a bug so I’m going to put you in touch with technical support. You’ll get an email from them.

(sidenote: I strongly recommend that Chrome extension over the Google Workspace add-on because it has way more functionality.)