Solved

Custom lead view for different teams?

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I am looking for a crm system for my organization, and Copper looks promising.

I work within a business that sells services in different segments that target different kinds of clients. Hence have different sales people dedicated to the different segments.

I’m wondering if there is a way to manage access and visibility regarding leads and pipe-lines so that different parts of the working teams in the organisation does not interfere with the other team? For example the sales team working on B2B only sees B2B while the B2C can focus on B2C.

By having all the information available for everyone would get messy quite quickly, I’m trying to figure out a way to keep things ordered between the different teams.

I have looked accross the internet and not really gotten my question answeded, thank you!

Best regards,

Li

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 6 June 2023, 18:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Xinga, thanks for posting! The answer here is yes - you can block off certain areas for certain teammates. Let’s talk specifically about the example you mentioned:

I’m wondering if there is a way to manage access and visibility regarding leads and pipe-lines so that different parts of the working teams in the organisation does not interfere with the other team? For example the sales team working on B2B only sees B2B while the B2C can focus on B2C.

What you would do is set up a Team in Copper for each of these groups. Then, you can enable/block access to certain info for those teams.

You can set all this up by going to Settings > Team > Visibility & Permissions. You would Activate Team Permissions, create those two teams, and then view/edit each one. We have a video and more info here.

In the example below, I’ve set up a Sales Team.

• They can only see People that are assigned to themselves
  • They can see any Company in the system
  • They can see any Opportunities in the Sales pipeline, but cannot access any other Pipeline at all

You can also set it so that each Team can only see the People/Companies/Pipeline Opportunities that are owned by fellow teammates.

Let me know if that helps! 

Awesome, thank you for this awesome answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Happy to help @Xinga! Feel free to post again if anything comes up. We also have a chat option when you log into Copper - just use the pink chat icon in the lower right corner. (If you don’t see the icon, you likely have an ad blocker or tracker blocker and need to whitelist the copper.com domain)

I’m going to mark my original response as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily. Thanks again Li!