Solved

Create a "My" Public filter

• 12 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

If you go to Pipelines, there is the My Open Opportunities view, which magically filters based on the Owner record of the User.  I want to create additional My views that can be used publicly by all users.

Let’s pretend I want to create a view called My Open Opportunities with Source Cold Call.  I use the My Open Opportunities view and then add the search criteria of Source = Cold Call.  I saved it as a Public filter.  When I talk to another user, they try to use the Public View I created and the Owner By = Me.  Is there a way to create Filters that will update the Owned By based on the current user?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 13 October 2022, 17:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jagatelife, thanks for posting! If I understand correctly, it sounds like you’re trying to set up a public Saved Filter where the Owner criteria is automatically populated based on which user is viewing that Saved Filter. Let me know if that’s correct!

If that’s the case, we don’t currently have a way to do that - but it’s quite an interesting suggestion. We actually have some product managers looking into how your customers use list views and filters. I’d love to show them your question/suggestion. Would it be ok if I turned this Question thread into an Idea so that it’ll get forwarded to them?

Userlevel 1

Love it!  Thanks for doing that.  In the mean time, I have created them as My views and made them public.  I will have the Sales team go in and switch it from my name to theirs.  Thanks a lot!