Solved

Copper symbol in Gmail - how to turn off?

• 6 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
  • New Participant
  • 1 reply

I somehow turned on a feature that has put the Copper symbol on every one of the emails in my inbox. How do I turn this off?

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 6 December 2021, 20:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kate, thanks for posting! That icon is a new feature called Gmail spotlight - you can read more about it here.

We don’t currently have a way to turn it off, but our team is currently looking into that feature. We have a previous Idea submitted about it - I’ll link it below in case you’d like to add an upvote.

Thanks Kate!

Userlevel 1

Hi Michelle - 

Thanks for your reply. It’s super annoying. I hope your team can figure out a way to turn it off. It’s super invasive. 

~ Kate

I agree; really needs to be turned off

Thanks

Jed

Please PLEASE remove this icon embedded into every one of my emails.  It is SUPER annoying and has resulted in my inbox flickering which it never did before.  It takes up space and I don’t even see the benefit of it.  There is no reason it needs to be there.  I love having Copper available in my Gmail but DO NOT need this extra useless icon.  Please remove as soon as possible, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback! You’ve each received a DM from me about a temporary solution.

As for a long-term solution, I will update the Ideas thread linked below as I hear more from the product team.

For visibility, I’m going to mark my original response in this thread as “Best Answer.”

Thanks everyone! @LHarding @JenH @Kate @jed 

Today suddenly many of my emails get a Copper icon. There's already the long time request to be able to collaps the Copper extension screen by default. Copper is more and more forcing itself upon Gmail to the point that the only solution would be to get rid of Copper. Copper comes in handy for connecting relevant emails, let's say 10% of the mailbox, but it is not workable if you cannot switch it off or at least show it its place. For now I will uninstall the Copper extension, till I see a solution to this problem.