Question

Copper Spotlight Icon - Gmail

• 7 December 2021
  • 1 reply

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

Hi Team

Is there a way to turn off/hide the Copper Spotlight Icon that are appearing on each of my emails within my primary inbox within gmail.

To be honest I am not a fan of this new feature and neither are the rest of my team.

1. Emails tend to glitch and you have a constant up and down effect when looking at emails
  2. The icons look too distracting within my inbox
  3. I’m not too sure of the need for this feature as I was able to easily hover over a persons email to bring up if a person was a contact/lead or not and easily add them within the extension before if they weren’t so there hasn’t been that much of a change other than adding a distracting icon taking up even more valuable space within the email subject area.

Sorry to be all negative about this but it would be nice to have an option to turn this feature off or just have it how it worked before. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TTB, thanks for posting - this is great feedback and I’ve forwarded it to the product team.

Currently, there’s no way to turn off the spotlight in the Chrome extension. The product team is working towards that, but I don’t have any definitive timeline.

I see you’ve already upvoted the Idea for this feature but I’m going to link it here for anyone that stumbles on this thread.