Copper Search Engine

I have noticed that Copper search engine had some problem identifying similar patterns  when I search some terms that are identically the same. For example when I search the word GO SHOP It throw me some results, but when I do with the term without capital letters It throws other results. What I expect to happen is that those differents term could give me the same number of results. The big problem is that when  I write the terms the algorythm decide which to show me.  When people in the company I work creates oportunities, they don´t find the original company and creat several times de same company with the same fields.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello, @mmajluf - This is interesting. I cannot replicate this on my side. Can you do me a favor and include a snapshot of both searches so I can see what you see? Thanks! If I can’t help you I can find someone that can.

This is an example of what happened to me a few days ago. In this picture I search Go Shop  with and without a dash, and throw me diferents results.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

The search seems to be working the way it should. It returns the proper results. Someone created the same company using two different spellings. 

You can easily merge duplicate records using the process outlined here

Consolidate duplicate records

Follow the instructions below:

1. Sign into your Copper account and click the 'Leads,' 'People,' or 'Companies' link from the lefthand menu.
  2. Check the box next to each record you'd like to merge together. 
  3. Click the 'Merge' icon above the list of records (hint: It looks like an arrow).
  4. In the lightbox that appears, you'll choose which information you want to keep for the resulting record. Check out the screencast below for a visual: 

GIF.gif

Click 'Finish Merge' after you select the information you want to retain for the record. 

Note: Merging multiple records is final. It cannot be undone. 

More info here: https://support.copper.com/hc/en-us/articles/208478316-Managing-duplicates-

Thanks!