Question

Converting website intake form to a record in copper

• 4 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Engaged User
  • 12 replies

Is there a way to automatically upload a record onto Copper that has been filled out on our Website?

An example would be: A potential customer clicks on “new customer inquiry” they will fill out the info which will then create a lead record, same as if we were filling it out in copper ourselves.

(A further ideal situation would be that we could alert with a notification the person who handles that lead that a new lead has come in).

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gili, great question! The answer is yes, but it depends on your webform.

First, you’ll want to find out which tool your web form is built on. E.g. Gravity Forms, Elementor Forms, Wix Forms, Google Forms, etc. You might need to ask your webmaster if you’re not sure.

Then, you’ll need to take a look a what information your web form is collecting. Of course, you should be collecting Name and email, but what other information should flow into Copper, and what types of fields are they (e.g. dropdown, text field, checkboxes)?

I’m happy to take a look at your web form if you’d like!

Onto the options:

1. Build a connection using Zapier

Zapier is a third-party automation tool that lets you build automations. There’s no coding required, and you can customize the automations to fit your needs. For example, you mentioned alerting the Lead owner about the new Lead - you can get Zapier to send them an email or Slack message each time a new Lead is entered under their name). Also, it connects with thousands of apps so you get a lot of flexibility.

If you’ve never used Zapier before, it can have a bit of a learning curve. We have a number of step-by-step instructional playbooks. I’ll put some examples below:

2. Build a connection using App Connector (Business Tier only)

Copper Business Tier includes App Connector, which lets you build connections with various lead sources very, very easily. I find it faster and easier to set up than Zapier integrations. However, you do need to be on our Business Tier and be connecting one from one of these sources:

3. Custom-built integration using our API

The most customizable option (but also the most time consuming/expensive to set up) is to have a developer build a connection for you using our API. I would only recommend this option if your webform is not compatible with Zapier or App Connector, or if you need to include some sophisticated logic into the workflow.

Anyways, I can give you a more specific recommendations if you have the answers to the questions from above (which webform app and what kind of fields you need to bring into Copper).

Hope that helps! :slight_smile: