Solved

Connection Custom Field Values Not Showing in Projects Filters

• 14 February 2023
  • 3 replies

We have a connection custom field for all of our cases indicating the court the case is set in. When I go to projects and try to filter the cases by “Court Name” which is the name of the connection, no values show in the table. Even though the name appears when you view the overview of each project on the left hand panel, it does not appear on the table. I checked and do not have any duplicate fields with the same name that are active.

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 15 February 2023, 15:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jgill30, thanks for posting! When you say it doesn’t appear in the table, can you confirm you mean as a column? Like each of the pink circled areas below?

Note, when you apply a filter, it doesn’t automatically add the filter criteria as a column in your view. For most field types, you can add them to your view using the Settings:

However, since this is a connect field, we unfortunately can’t add it as a column. We actually have an open Idea about it - if you leave an upvote there, we’ll inform you about any updates on that feature.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you, Michelle. Yes, I am looking for what the open idea covers. I have added my upvote.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jgill30 gotcha, thank you for the confirmation. I see that your upvote was logged, so we’ll be able to @mention you in any updates.

As for this thread, I’m going to mark my original response as “Best Answer” so that others can find it easily. Thank you and have a great weekend! 🙂