Solved

Changing 1-Way sync to 2-Way MailChimp Sync

• 2 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have set up 1 way sync from Copper to MailChimp, and now I want to change it to 2-way sync - but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to change it.

Please help! :)

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 3 August 2022, 04:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andrewbermudez, thanks for posting! You’ll need to reset the existing sync and then set up a new (two-way) sync.

If you look at the integration area, under “Sync” you’ll find a “Reset Sync” option.

Click it and it will bring you to the page to set up your sync again. Fill in your Copper API information and under Customize Sync, make sure you select two-way for your sync rule.

Oh, and remember to click Start Sync afterwards!

From there, you can customize your field mappings if you need to push additional data back and forth.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Michelle from Copper This is great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@andrewbermudez glad I could help! Let me know if anything else comes up.

Userlevel 1

Regarding 2-way sync, would this impact which email address is listed first or second for a Contact record?

I.e., if I’ve manually added or changed a Mailchimp contact in Mailchimp, would Copper automatically modify the ordering of emails for the Contact record to show the email that has been synced as first for the Contact? Or would the existing order be maintained?