Question

Career Updates in Copper

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to follow a contacts career changes in copper instead of deleting or completely updating the contact? It would be a good idea to have this evolution in there. 

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Pjgarea

Just to make sure that I’m answering the right question, is this if Person A changes their company, or if they change their job within a company? If it is something completely different please let me know so that I can get you the answer you need.

Thanks!

Hey @Ashar from Copper - It’s really both, I think being able to see that development noted within copper would be better than editing the contact and essentially creating a new one. Plus, if you ever are looking for an “in” at a company and notice Person A used to work there, it could be an easier connection. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Understood @Pjgarea

First, I would suggest creating a new contact if it’s the same person that has moved companies solely because the information you already have will be separated and easier to read. 

Next, you could use our connect fields to “relate” a person to a person, or a person to a company, etc, and attach a label each to the respective record. For example, here is one that we have as a template when you try to create a connect field for People records.

This is what it will look like on the left panel of the person record:

This is what it will look like on the other person record that this one is connected to:

The labels can be anything that makes sense to you, and again, it can connect person/company, or person/person, or any record/any record. 

Let me know if this works for you, or if you have any questions regarding this!

Best,