Question

Can you embed a jpeg into an email template?

• 7 December 2022
  • 7 replies

I have searched through Copper support and don’t seem to find if you are able to embed a jpeg into an email template.

Does anyone know?

Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jennifer Scerbo, thanks for posting! The answer is yes, as long as you copy and paste the image into the template editor. Give it a try and let me know how it goes :)

Thank you Michelle!

So I tried it, I was able to copy and paste it into the template, yet I was not able to send the email…...I received an error message.

Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jennifer Scerbo ah ok, do you by chance remember what the error message said?

I recommend converting your jpeg into a png file, and then trying it again.

If you’re on Windows, you can do this by opening the image, File > Save As and then select PNG as your file type.

If you’re on Mac, you can do this by opening the image in Preview.

It should hopefully work - I just tested it in my demo account (with a PNG file) and it sent perfectly from an email template.

Yay- so helpful!!!  Thank you - this worked!!

Michelle,

So I need to rephrase my above comment.  

I was able to copy/paste the png into the body of the email.

However, upon saving the template, this is the error message I received:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jennifer Scerbo gotcha - I sent you an email with some questions. I’ll need to take a closer look at what’s happening, so I don’t think this our public forum is the right place to discuss those details. So let’s continue working on this over email. Thanks Jennifer!

I also tried this with both the JPG and PNG file types and receive error notices when I try to save the template. I have been successful in forcing it through as a template, but when I load it and try to send I receive the error message stating “Email failed to send. Please try again later.”

So it seems like the answer is that Copper does not support embedding images in its emails, regardless of file type.