Question

Can't view contents of other emails?

• 21 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Does anyone know how to fix not being able to see the contents of emails from other reps? I can’t seem to view them despite being added as a Sales Manager.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sdkrasman, there are a couple of ways to enable viewing others people’s emails:

1. Those other users can set their emails to public, or
  2. If you are an admin - your account owner can enable admins to view emails even if they are private.

I just checked as it looks like you are a regular user on your Copper system, not an admin. So that means that you’re not able to see the emails because the other users kept them private.

You mentioned being added as a Sales Manager. That is separate from being a system admin, so it doesn’t enable you to see the emails.

The easiest thing to do is ask to become an admin. Or, you can ask your teammates to set their emails to public (Settings > Personal Preferences > Emails Settings & Templates > Mark Synced Emails Public by Default). Each use would have to do this on their own; there is no way to “force” a user’s emails to be public. Note that this setting only changes emails moving forward, not previously synced emails.

If you’d like to learn more we have an in-depth guide which I’ll link below.

Let me know if you have any questions!