Solved

Best way to view revenue vs forecasted revenue?

• 6 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

On a pipeline, there is a total amount for what is in each stage. It seems like that is the combined total value listed for all of the opportunities in that stage.

Is there a way to view this in regards to a forecasted revenue perspective?

For example:

Stage one closes at a 5% rate so rather than showing a million dollars in revenue opportunity, it would show $50,000.

I’m a little new at this, I know there are some reports that can show this information but being able to toggle it in the pipeline view from total to forecasted would be really handy.

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 11 January 2023, 23:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mrsethwilson, thanks for posting! That’s a great question. It is possible to set up a weighted forecast report. But before I dive into how to do this, I’d like to clarify: have you assigned win probabilities to each stage of your pipeline?

I’m asking because in order for the report to work accurately, we need a win probability on each opportunity. And of course the easiest way to do this is to assign a win probability to each stage. You can confirm this by opening your pipeline and going to Settings (gear icon at top right corner) > Customize Pipeline.

If we’ve got that taken care of, we can set up a report similar to the one below!

Let me know if that’s the sort of table you’re looking for, and then I can dive into specifics on how to set that up.

Badge

Yes - we have percentages set up for each of our stages in the pipelines.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mrsethwilson I made you an instructional video - please let me know if it helps!