We’re fairly new to Copper and trying to perfect it to match our needs. We are mainly B2C but also do some B2B work.
This is our process on 90% of our work:
- Lead received from a vendor via email or their portal
- Lead information is added to Copper via the leads area
- Lead gets contacted to be qualified
- Either the lead is marked as junk lead or converted to an opportunity from where our sales team follows up and continues the process
On this portion, I feel pretty comfortable. We also get referrals from other contractors / vendors that we work with and also referrals from previous customers. As an internal policy, we don’t go through qualifying these customers because of how they’ve reached us. These are created as opportunities right away and we go through our sales process.
My questions / doubts are:
- Should I be creating these as leads at first? And then converting to opportunities to get better / more accurate reporting?
- Am I doing myself / my team a disservice by not actually qualifying these referrals?
Thanks in advance!