Question

Archive a Contact

• 20 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I am looking to archive a contact so that she does not receive a bulk email send by accident. I want to leave all of her information intact, but I don’t see how to do that without her being grouped into an email send by accident. For now, I removed her email from the email field and made a note of it in the “create note” field so that I would not lose that information. I don’t want to delete her either, because I would lose all past communications. I just want to archive her so that she does not receive any more communication from us. Any ideas on how to make this happen? Creating a customer filter really doesn’t do the job since everyone has an email, I can’t filter her out and leave her email in place at the same time. 

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Necia , thank you for asking your question into the Copper Community.

I support your idea to remove the email address, this is the best way to block contacts from receiving communication. Adding a note on the record is a great idea to let your team know. In addition, you could also add a “Tag” for “unsubscribed” or “do not contact”, and use that as a filter criteria.

Copper does not currently have a “Blocklist” type feature that would allow you to block communication to certain emails. This is an interesting idea that has been recommended by other users, I highly recommend adding a comment to this idea thread about your use case to help raise awareness of this feature request.

Thank you.

Chris

Thank you Chris! My only concern with removing the email address is, will I still be able to search for this contact via their email address? Does Copper search other areas as well?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you Chris! My only concern with removing the email address is, will I still be able to search for this contact via their email address? Does Copper search other areas as well?

Hi @Necia , if you remove the email address you will not be able to search via email address. If you would like to keep the email address on record, it may be better to indicate the Do not Contact via a tag. Copper search and filtering can query all fields.

Thank you!

Hello ,

I have clients inside companies that I prospect to and sometimes these current / potential customers leave that company - If there was a “active / deactivate “ status so I can still review the pricing and contact information / and details regarding their interactions would be great.

Best ,

Daniel Oliva

I’d like to be able to archive old contacts, so that they don’t appear on the people list. It would be nice not to delete them as then you will not lose all the information that you have on that person, if you ever need to go back to it.

Would love to have an “Archive” feature and have the same comment as Blythe. I would love to keep these contacts for historical purposes and not completely delete them. But be excluded from any email communication.