Solved

Adding custom fields to headers in lists

• 17 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am able to add custom fields to people records and the appear in the filter list, but I can not find a way to include them in the visible headers in the list itself. (I only see the default fields in the settings for visible columns.)

For example, adding a drop-down field for people named "Progress" with stages for evaluating applicants for a hiring process where the hiring process itself is registered as a project. I can link the candidates to the project for the job and use the filter to see only the applicants for that position, but I'd like to see the current stage of each applicant in the list to quickly get an overview and easily identify and follow-up the progress of each candidate.

Is it possible to add custom fields to the headers in lists and if so, how?

Best regards,

Bjørn Danielsen

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 17 February 2022, 15:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Let me just answer this for myself and anyone else who might wonder about this… Custom dropdowns actually are available in the list columns, but relation fields are not. 

The table in this support article explains which custom field types may be included in the list headers: https://support.copper.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000558631-Create-edit-and-manage-Custom-Fields

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@bjornnorman glad you were able to find an answer! You are correct - custom dropdown fields can be added to the list view as a column, but relation fields cannot. Let me know if you have any additional questions about that :slight_smile:

For anyone stumbling on this thread - you can add/remove columns from your list view by clicking the gear icon in the top right and selecting Customize Columns.