Solved

Adding a secondary owner to an opportunity

• 28 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Id like to add a secondary owner to the opportunities in our CRM. Currently to add a (primary ) owner i have a drop down list with the sales teams’ names populated. Id like to be able to do the same for the secondary owner. I have worked out how to add the field but cannot work out how to add the drop down list with the names on it. 
help please

icon

Best answer by Michelle from Copper 29 July 2021, 17:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @earlofclerkenwell, here’s a quick video on how to build that dropdown.

You mentioned you added a field already - do you know if you selected Dropdown or did you leave it as a checkbox field? If you created it as a checkbox you’ll want to go and delete it and re-create it as a dropdown.

To do that, go to Settings > Customize > Manage Fields on Records > Edit Custom Fields (near the top right).

Let me know if that helps!

well done this is both an excellent answer and excellent service. When i compare this to my experience of Salesforce …..OMG. 
very useful indeed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@earlofclerkenwell Glad you’re enjoying your experience! Feel free to post more questions here or use the in-app chat to reach the technical team. We’re hoping to build content around the questions we get from users like you!