Here at Copper, we’re all about transparency — around our product, our culture and what it means to be a mid-sized business in the tech space.
Recently, our CEO Carrie Shaw sat down with Copper customer Entreprenista, a media company focused on supporting female entrepreneurs and business leaders — and the final product was *chef’s kiss* 😍
Grab a cup of Joe and turn up the volume on this must-listen podcast episode as Carrie chats through some key things she’s learned over the last 10 years, how Copper has built a remote-first culture, the transition from CMO to CEO and so much more.
Here’s a quick recap on what’s covered 👇
- How Carrie’s background led her to Copper (0:28)
- What she’s learned in the past 10 years (7:54)
- What a CRM is (12:38)
- Carrie’s journey to working at Copper (15:27)
- How Carrie went about building her team remotely (19:50)
- Things that don’t work for remote teams (26:47)
- Carrie’s experience going from CMO to CEO (30:02)
- Rapid fire questions (37:13)
- What makes Copper stand out (39:56)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Carrie (42:44)
“CRM stands for customer relationship management, it is the heartbeat. It’s literally the heartbeat of any business that wants visibility, insight into the prospects and customers who are going to help them grow.” – Carrie Shaw
👉 Listen now 👈