Question

Data syncing in reports - what time?

• 2 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello, 

I have read on Copper that the data sync for Copper reports happened every 24hours. However I have not been able to find exactly what time this sync occurs? 

We would like to know when that happens in order for our scheduled emails to always send over reports with data that is up to date. Is there a way to set up a specific time for when we wish that sync to occur?

I appreciate anyone’s help and information on this!

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @patrycjad, that’s a great question and I can see how it would affect your scheduled email reports.

Currently there is no way to set a specific time for the sync to occur. I’m not sure what time the sync occurs but I can try to find out.

If you would like, you can also submit an Idea for the product team to look at. Based on another Idea thread, they will work on making the refresh faster in the last quarter of this year. However, I think they should also hear your suggestion about scheduling a specific refresh time.

Hi @patrycjad, that’s a great question and I can see how it would affect your scheduled email reports.

Currently there is no way to set a specific time for the sync to occur. I’m not sure what time the sync occurs but I can try to find out.

If you would like, you can also submit an Idea for the product team to look at. Based on another Idea thread, they will work on making the refresh faster in the last quarter of this year. However, I think they should also hear your suggestion about scheduling a specific refresh time.

Hi @Michelle from Copper, thanks for your response last week. Have you managed to find out when the sync occurs exactly? I am under pressure to pass this on to my managers, as we want to start running daily reports. 

Many thanks :)

Patrycja

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @patrycjad, I don’t have an answer yet - I followed up with the product team and will let you know as soon as I find out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @patrycjad, the sync occurs at roughly the same time each day.

For example, if I check my account I see that it synced 6 hours ago:

Since it’s currently 10am for me, I know that my data syncs at roughly 4am each day.

I hope that answers your question!

@Michelle from Copper Thank you Michelle. Could I just confirm what time zone the 4am is referring to? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @patrycjad, the 4am refers to my local time zone. So you can look at your local time, subtract the number of hours the last sync occurred at, and that will be the approximate refresh time in your local time zone.